The first batch of ACEO packs are available to purchase now in the Etsy store (any orders placed now will be made by the next business day). I will soon be making the packs and have photos to show. These are packs of 10 random cards all hand assembled and signed, with high quality matte printing.
Individual cards will be available on request, but charged the regular price. Please message me for a custom order. :)
Its so hard to find good friends in this hobby, like locating three Green party members in the House of Commons.
not sure where the recent trend of mixing politics and BJDs came from but I absolutely love it, it’s so ridiculous. thank you anon for making me nearly choke on my chai
so in art class today I was taking a long time working on a sketch and my instructor was like “you shouldn’t spend so much time working on your sketches” and he explained his workflow to me which basically literally amounted to “I draw a rough sketch and then go straight to inking and draw everything right one the first try”
so long story short I basically had a mental breakdown SO I would like to poll the artistic community in the hopes of halting my depressive spiral
Do you generally draw your sketches and final drawings right on the first try with minimal corrections? Or do you spend a lot of time erasing and redrawing your art?
wow no. I redo my sculptures so many times. I add and subtract and tweak and fiddle and generally take way too long to finish anything. I just don’t have that kind of workflow, where I can mass something out, then add detail, then more detail, and then bam I’m done. My process is so far from linear, if you had to plot out my progress on any one given sculpture, it’d look like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey…. stuff.
Obviously, I hope one day that my process will be less of a clusterfuck, because that would mean I had a better understanding of the underlying structures of things. But I’m still learning. It takes a lot of experience and skill to be able to have that perfect workflow, but until then… nothing wrong with fakin’ it til you make it.
Even if you can’t get in on this now, please spread this around!
You can see more WIP photos, and bigger versions of these pictures, on my flickr.
ETA: Layaway is available! On layaway she is the regular non-preorder price of $250 + shipping. PM me with your needs or email me at email@example.com .
First week done, three more to go! There are 5 slots left, please feel free to send me any questions you might have.
Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who’s reblogged/linked so far, it is a huge help.
Feral Works’s 600+ Followers and Over 1500 Posts GIveaway!!!
What you get:
- My awesome new skull mask in a patina’d copper finish
- NEW Science Ink: Tattoos of the Science Obsessed by Carl Zimmer
A fantastic book with all kinds of science tattoos. Forward by Mary Roach, one of my favorite authors.
- NEW ELF makeup clutch and 2 makeup brushes.
This is an essential part of my travel cosplay kit. Small enough to carry with you for touch-ups!
- Reblog this post once to get an entry. Multiple reblogs do not count. Likes do not count.
- You must be following my blog: FeralWorks.Tumblr.com
- No giveaway blogs
- New followers are welcome!
- You must be willing to share your address, or if you are under 18, get your parents’ permission to share your address. I need to be able to ship this stuff to you!
- The winner will be randomly chosen on Wednesday, December 18th reblogs after the drawing will not count.
- If the contacted winner does not respond within 24 hours, another winner will be chosen. I want to ship this stuff out on the 20th!
- I reserve the right to remove an entrants from the drawing (like if you make rude or mean comments on your reblog, so please, only reblog if you are actually interested in winning).
- You must have an open ask box, so that I can contact you!
- I will pay for shipping, but only standard first class shipping. I can ship internationally, so anyone can win. Though please be advised international shipments may take over 2 weeks to arrive, and I am not responsible for any additional customs fees that may be incurred.
- If you win, you agree to the above terms.
Thank you, everyone who follows me… You are awesome!
It’s taken me long enough, but I’ve finally done it -
Like this rad, one-of-a-kind, 1/6 scale Sark figure?
Well guess what, it’s signed by David Warner, too!
Please check out my charity auction for him - 100% of the proceeds will go to The National Alliance on Mental Illness!
The start of the auction is actually less than what it cost to put this figure together. Please signal boost, so we can really earn a lot for a truly worthy charity this holiday season!
The first stage of my girl’s back. Unfortunately, it’s getting dark outside, so I can’t continue working on her today. I’ll spend some more time on her tomorrow .
aw what the hell I even have my own tag that has more stuff in it than I knew about before (my god the commentary on the ball jointed hand cracked me up)
oop, gonna start watermarking everything
Thanks for sharing! Huh, I have to wonder how much of the snarkiness is due to the Internet translators being sassy, because all of the Russian BJD people I’ve encountered thus far have been really really kind in English. I’m glad I took 5 years of French too because I can compare that community to ours as well. I wonder if recasting’s as big an issue to them as it is to us…
Haha! I just rediscovered this article on a Russian BJD news community that was written about me earlier this year. Of course, I am flattered that they took notice of me, although I can’t read a word of Russian and anything I run through the translators comes back as horse ebooks— somewhere between ‘this artist is kind of crap’ and ‘this artist isn’t half bad.’ Two very different ways of translating a sentence. Thank you Google.
I am aware that they wrote about me more recently (one of the people who preordered very kindly tipped me off) and somewhat more favorably????? Again, I can’t tell. But it’s actually really entertaining how snarky some of them are, or seem to be from what I can make out. It’s definitely a different community feel.
hiiii mini-male BJD HIIIIII <3 how goes Iphigenia preorder by the way ?
It goes pretty well, thanks for asking! It’s hard to tell since it’s my first time running a proper preorder tbh, but it’s the first 5 days and I’m more than halfway to reaching my goal, which seems like a good pace. All in all I think there’s a really good chance of getting there in the end!
1) I had to cut off this mold’s original ears and replace them with a pair salvaged from an earlier Kouros cast, to make them fit the same headback. I’ll carve out his eyes when I can get more silicone to make a resin copy, because he’s mostly made from Paperclay, which I don’t trust to hold up in very thin areas.
2) Getting started on a male companion for my 14cm doll Iphigenia, wahey. It’s in the roughing-in/massing-out stage right now. I really enjoy working in this scale, because it forces me to think about what details to add very carefully, instead of just going nuts like usual.
dude, my first doll took 2 years to do and then I redid him. And I’m redoing him again. Dolls are forever works in progress. sigh.
They are. The little bastards
TBh the stuff you do is sort of porn for some of us.
aaaahaaaa I see what you did there
you know what’s weird? No porn blogs follow my porn blog! granted, that could be because most of my adult stuff is robot cock.
where are these robot cocks you speak of
art-iculated is now following you
I’ll try not to disappoint! QAQ Though I probably will. Rui will be slow going because I am utterly terrified and have so little sculpting experience it’s laughable. it’ll probably be a lot of painful looking trial and error and the end result will most likely be terrible.
But still! QvQ I’ll try! *fist pump*
believe me, I could never be disappointed in anyone who picked up a piece of clay and tried their hand at this dastardly art… I’m so far from being a master myself, I have no right to judge. I’m just here to enjoy the progress pictures. :D